Thank You, Seeking Feedback, What's Next?
Thank you to everyone who came out and braved the heat to attend the block party! And, to everyone who brought a dish to share for the potluck. The food looked fabulous!
We would like to hear about your experience at the block party: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Did you make any connections?
- What did you enjoy most?
- Do you have any suggestions for next year?
- Would you like to see this event again?
I’d also like to thank ABBAS, The Garden Spot’s Carleton Food Collective, and Crazy Pho You for providing an abundance of food for the event. All three made very generous contributions.
I’d also like to thank our guest artist mentor, Lauren Maloney from The Ottawa Art Gallery, who made macrame bracelets with the children and Andrea Lesperance from Ecology Ottawa who shared our awareness campaigns: Pick Up The Poop, Ring Your Bell!; Greening The Neighbourhood, Composting, BYO Bag, How To Approach A Dog, and Safe Wings Ottawa. Healthy Pets HQ also donated 60 poop bags for the “Pick Up The Poop” campaigns and a big bag of treats for the event to distribute to dog owners.
I’d like to also thank and acknowledge our amazing partners who contributed a total of $885 in prizes to our raffle. We raised $220 and split the moneys to two animal rescues:
- Sit With Me shelter dog rescue, a last chance rescue for abandoned dogs
- Safe Wings Ottawa, bird collision rescue
- The Ottawa School of Art: $200 Gift Voucher (towards a class or workshop at either campus)
- Healthy Pets HQ: Dog Basket (over $100 value)
- Salon Five Forty-Eight: $50 Gift Certificate (towards a haircut)
- Right Bike: $65 x 6 Bike Tune-up Coupons
- Healthy Pets HQ: $50 Gift Certificate
- Crazy Pho You: $40 Gift Certificate
- Healthy Pets HQ: $25 Gift Certificate
- Saaboon: Vegan Handmade “French Clay” Soap ($6.99 value)
- Saaboon: Vegan Handmade “Coffee Break” Soap ($6.99 value)
- Saaboon: Vegan “Nude” Lip Balm (unscented) ($5.99 value)
- Glebe Annex Community Association: $10 1 Annual Membership
Thank you to GACA and The Glebe Report for advertising and promoting our event and to David Perkins for taking such awesome photos!
And lastly, thank you so much Natasha Pei and Tyler Martin-Kennedy, for helping me create this event. I couldn’t have done it without your support and help. From the article in The Glebe Report, the poster campaigns, the setup up on the day – including the awesome playlist. Thank you!
Here’s a longer list of Thank Yous!
Stay on the look-out
I’ll be rolling out some mini-events in the park soon.
Keep posted on our website and social media channels! And let us know what you would be interested to participate in.
You will find some current ideas on our website’s “Post-Event” page.
Heidi A Thomson, Life Coach
Fostering community engagement in The Glebe Annex
COMMUNITY POTLUCK CONTRIBUTIONS
ABBAS will be providing hot dogs, a mix of drinks, and freezies for the children as well as bottled water. Please bring your own full and reusable water bottle! We are aiming for a no waste event.
THE CARLETON FOOD COLLECTIVE will be providing tortillas with a black bean/corn filling, zucchini/radish slaw, and pico degallo, watermelon, and iced tea. As well as plates, cups, and cutlery – should you forget your own.
CRAZY PHO YOU will be providing peanut-free wraps.
THE GLEBE ANNEX COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION will be providing popcorn.
DON’T FORGET TO BRING A DISH!